Challenge Rules

You are welcome to use any stamp to enter the challenge. However, if you use a Wags 'n Whiskers stamp, you will be entered into a 2nd drawing for a Free Wags 'n Whiskers digital stamp in addition to the regular prize.
You can enter any type of paper craft project. You can enter up to 2 times per challenge. It must be a new project, fit the theme, no back-linking, and must be a direct link to your project entry, or it will be deleted.

Friday 6 November 2009

Kristine's quick Christmas card Tutorial

Here is the tutorial on how to make a quick Christmas card:


Cut some cardstock in 6x12" and fold it in half.


The image is Sweet Danni and Bella from Wags 'n Whiskers. To save time I only coloured some elements of the image. I used Touch Marker Wine Red. The patterned papers I used are from Melissa Frances.

Cut cardstock and patterned papers. The measurements I used are:

White Cardstock: 1 piece 14,8x14,8 cm and 1 piece 13,5x11,5 cm
Striped paper: 14,3x14,3 cm
Music note paper: 13x11 cm
Red Cardstock: 7x10 cm
Image: 6,5x9,5 cm


Then ink the edges of the image and the patterned papers with some brown ink. I used Distress Ink Vintage Photo.


Use adhesive tape to glue the image and the patterned papers to the cardstock panels.



This is how the panels look before you assemble the card.


Assemble the two patterned papers panels to each other. Then you tie some ribbons to your card.


And then you put the image over the ribbons.


Add some embellies to the card. I used some bling swirls from Prima, felt snowflake from SU and glitter snowflake from MM.


Make a white panel to use inside the card. The measurements of mine is 14,8x14,8 cm.


Stamp some snowflake stamps and sentiments on it before you glue it on the cardstock. I also onked the edges of this white panel with the brown ink.


Assemble the panels to the red card. At the end you use some Stickles (I used Frosted Lace) on some parts of your image. I used it on the sock and cat's hat. And also on the ribbon on Danni's dress.


When the Stickles was dry I sprayed the whole card with some Shimmerz Spritz to make it sparkle even more.


This is how the card looked when it was finished! Good luck making your Christmas cards.

Hugs from Kristine:)

4 comments:

  1. Great tutorial and I need all the help I can get with the Christmas card list!! Thank you for this. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is just gorgeous! Thanks for the tutorial too. I love the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and fab tutorial. Thanks for sharing.
    Happy Crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing this tutorial........it's a fab card!.....I'm going to make it this weekend!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete